Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country with the Cambodians and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 6,000 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program graduates have already successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 650 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarters in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known through fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize from the French Republic.
Support Operation Management
- Control and manage operation and activity of FO, HK&L and PSE Welcome Center.
- Manage Hotel room, guest house check-in, occupancy, check-out, bill settlements with Guests and control cleanliness, public areas and restaurants
- Ensure quality of service
- Manage airport pick up/drop off information (upon request)
- Control financial for hotel, guest house and laundry services
- Deals with guest issues regarding complaints of the hotel rooms, guest house & laundry
- Prepares and distributes daily rooms & laundry reports
- Control and follow up guest’s survey
Support Academic management
- Ensure the quality teaching of teacher
- Manage academic support material (lab, syllabus, internship and apprenticeship logbook,…)
- Manage Academic tasks on Front Office and Housekeeping & laundry training program
- Manage and oversee Teacher Training pedagogy for Front Office and Housekeeping and Laundry Instructors, including classroom observation and classroom management
- Conduct and/or recommend technical training for front office and housekeeping and laundry instructors
- Oversee Front Office and HK&L Operations (Internal/External Practice and Internship/Apprenticeship)
- Comply with the Teachers Code of Ethics
- Other duties as assigned by Dean and Operations Manager
- Budget planning and control budget expense for Room Division (FO-HK&L)
- Manage administrative tasks (subordinate and students)
- Facilitate HR process with new employee for both departments (interview, update status, background record, update JD, appraisal interview, finalize the objective)
- Update and follow up the revenue report
- Manage guest services including feedback
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent certificate
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in supervisory or management, and in Room Division operation.
- Fluency in Khmer and English.
- Solid background and knowledge in rooms division operation in a hotel standard level.
- Teaching experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in CRS system (Opera, Fidelio, or Room Master)
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patient, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Is friendly, happy and positive mind set
- Customer- service and people oriented
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.