Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
The Deputy Director of the PSE Institute (In charge of External Affairs) is responsible for creating and communicating a favorable public image and relation of the PSE vocational training program to both internal and external stakeholders. S/He will direct effective internal and external relation programs to increase corporate awareness, support key activities of in-company practice for students, and analyze industry market information for the skill training needs, and the satisfaction on the training quality for the development of program strategy.
He/she will work in tandem with PSE Institute Director to fulfill the global missions, goals, and objectives of the department
Overview of PSE Institute:
PSE Institute is an activity of PSE established in 2000. The vision of Institute is to be widely recognized, regionally and internationally, as a leading vocational training institution to help underprivileged students along with the vision of Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) to acquire a qualified vocational and technical training program.
19 skills are trained by 5 vocational and technical schools under PSE-I including School of Business, School of Hospitality and Tourism, School of Mechanics, School of Construction and Film School. Another school of PSE-I is a Foundation Study Division which prepare students to have right level of general knowledge, language and computer skills to join vocational and technical schools.
PSE-I has 1,200 students on average per year among the 6 schools with 140 staff in total (120 are full-time employees).
Manage and implement corporate projects for training program partnership, industry relations, and other networking events
- Create and maintain corporate identity and image of PSE Institute to external partners and be the main person in all relation
- Develop cooperative relationships with business contacts for the Institute's reputation and to pave the future training partnerships and opportunities
- Lead in designing and implementing the corporate projects that contribute to the quality partnering of vocational training programs
- Support and monitor the implementation of projects to meet the requirements and standard of the supporters/sponsors/donors
- Develop, extend, and maintain a healthy relationship and connections with industries, NGOs, institutes, and relevant stakeholders for all student placement programs (internship, apprenticeship, study/skill orientation visit, etc.)
Execute corporate, market and alumni research and analysis
- Direct market research and industry trend analysis
- Direct alumni employment analysis and employer satisfaction survey
- Initiate any necessary surveys and analysis with external stakeholder (or as assigned)
- Prepare and present research findings for the training program development
Coordinate the education sponsorship program in touch with the project and grant team of PSE
- Coordinate the submission of the proposal to sponsors with the schools
- Work with program sponsors for framing the requirements of the sponsors and the schools’ capacity to meet those requirements
- Coordinate the sponsorship reports with schools and relevant departments
Develop and manage an effective alumni relation
- Proactively coordinate with relevant departments to set electronic alumni systems, Webpages, social medias, and marketing tools to promote alumni activities, connections, and programs
- Develop strong student and alumni networks by creating regular events or projects to increase and maintain alumni relationship
- Ensure information of alumni is smoothly generated and updated
- Develop, design, manage and implement the alumni-concerned projects
Work in tandem with PSE Institute Director to fulfil the global missions, goals, and objectives of the department
- Raise quality and efficiency of policies and processes, internally related with all departments in PSE and externally with all the stakeholders
- Provide support and coordination to ensure the quality of planning and implementing on budget, workforce, academic activities and practices in all schools of PSE Institute
- Get fully involve on the yearly department’s objectives, program need assessments, and strategy development
- Work in a close cooperation with PSE Institute Director in any transversal actions
- Deputize for the PSEI Director in his/her absence in all organizational and administrative matters
- University degree in Management, Communication, Public relation or Education
- 8 to 10 year professional experiences
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in external/corporate affairs or similar roles
- Experience in marketing, communications, public relation, or fundraising is preferred
- Experience in education would be a plus
- High fluency level in English
- Ability in application of computer in Microsoft, and database management
- Be comfortable of all Google applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Analysis and synthesis skill
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Ensuring timely, high quality results
- Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement
- Relationship builder, powers of persuasion
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, and do multi-task
- Conflict resolution skill
- Proactive and quick response
- Ability to work under pressure
Duration : 1 year minimum, preferably 2-3 years
Indemnity: According to PSE grid + experience
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country.